(Week 1: 3/29/17)
I wanted to take this chance to let you know that we have started the four-lesson study on sex and holiness, called: Live Different. The first lesson is an exciting one, laying the foundation for sex and sexuality that is acceptable in God’s eyes.
The lesson is entitled “Right Place, Right Time,” and focuses on three passages: (Genesis 2:20-25, Hebrews 13:4, Song of Solomon 2:7)
The point of the lesson is:
1. that students grasp that God intends for sex to be enjoyed between a man and a woman within the marriage relationship, and
2. that this biblical view will begin to influence students’ attitudes regarding sex and sexuality.
Next Steps . . .
As you go through your week with your teenage, look for instances to create some “cultural conversations” based on the truths of this lesson. Look for instances where sexual imagery is used in a commercial, billboard, or ad, or even a song or TV show you are watching.
- Use this as an opportunity to recall this first lesson of Live Different.
- Engage your child in a discussion about whether or not the version of sexuality you see in the media is in line with sexuality that is right in God’s eyes.
- Help them become more discerning as they interact with the culture around them.
Continue to pray that this study will impact our students, leading them to live as bold witnesses to the transformation Christ brings in our lives.